Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Coordination & Front-of-House Management
- Coordinate with Sales and Facilities teams to ensure those event venues are prepared and set up beforehand.
- Ensure that each venue and its surrounding spaces are clean and tidy before and after every event.
- Supervise the Usher team, including:
- Liaising with them on each event’s requirements,
- Briefing them prior to each event,
- Ensuring that ushers follow all necessary procedures and provide reliable, responsive, and patron-oriented service throughout each event.
- Assist clients in ensuring smooth event operations, including coordinating between the Usher team and Production team, as well as other relevant parties, to ensure that each event runs on a timely basis and without hitches.
- Manage patron relations in a professional and courteous manner, notifying the Sales team of any complaints and unusual requests.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Gateway Theatre’s products/services.
- Effectively communicate and promote Gateway Theatre’s products/services to prospective clients, via both verbal and written communication.
- Respond to sales enquiries (via phone, email, or social media) in a prompt, polite, proactive, and consistent manner.
- Assist Sales team in following up on client enquiries and bookings,
- Actively research, identify, and reach out to prospective markets and clients, expanding Gateway Theatre’s client database.
- Perform market research and competitor monitoring to keep up-to-date of market trends, and understanding the product offerings and approach of key competitors.
- Develop and conduct market research and surveys with clients and patrons, prepare findings and analysis reports, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist the team in administrating event bookings on Gateway Theatre’s venue booking system.
Key Working Relationships:
- Marketing Department
- Programming Department
- Facilities Department
- Technical Department
- Front of House/Usher Team
Education & Experience
- At least GCE ‘A’ Level/Diploma in any discipline
- At least 2 years of experience in Hospitality or Events Management and Operations
Language & Software Proficiency
- Proficient in spoken and written English with strong writing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in using Ungerboeck will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to listen to, communicate, and build rapport with people at all levels
- A team player who is resourceful, hands-on, and detail-oriented
- Disciplined, self-motivated, and proactive individual with positive mindset and can-do attitude
- Takes initiative and is assertive when required
- Challenge-driven and goal-oriented individual who is willing to learn and able to work under pressure
- Able to effectively adapt to changes quickly with a strong ability to organise, prioritise, and manage multiple duties and assignments simultaneously
- Passion for and exposure to the arts would be an advantage
- Flexibility with regards to working days and hours (able to work on weekends, eve of Public Holidays, and Public Holidays, if necessary)
- Singaporean/PR only